Monday, April 18, 2011

No Good Addiction

I love reading and writing. It could be a good habit. But for me, it becomes an addiction.

I first thought, it's better than playing computer game or other worse addiction. I love reading books, that's a pretty good addiction.

But I was wrong, there is no good addiction.

When I get addicted to something, anything, even just reading books, I loose control of my life, I become a slave of that addiction.

It doesn't make me happy because I know I have other things that need my attention and should be my priority. I have other responsibilities other than reading books. (If you wonder, I'm addicted to reading scriptures, I know it's weird.)

Reading, writing, or any other things that interest us, even computer games, are not bad in themselves, they are there for us to make us enjoy life and feel happy. They are our interests, not our lives.

A good happy life is a life having responsibilities fulfilled. When it becomes otherwise, guilt could eat us up, and we become miserable, even just because of reading books! How I wish I were still a teenager!

I don't think I have to give up reading, but I need to keep my reading time under my control, do not let an interest become an addiction.

I think when things are under our control, especial when we overcome, we feel powerful; when we feel powerful, we feel happy.

My first step to become happier is to turn my addictions into my interests. I will overcome.

We can definitely become happier when we are guilt free! And a happy life is a guilt free life! That's what I'm trying to create. I will take one step at a time. For now, I will just try to overcome my addiction. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment